Company Banner

Company Banner

Monday, February 15, 2010

"Purple House Transformation- B&A Guest Bedroom"

Well some of you may know of my puple house transformation!

Here finally is the second guest bedroom. Essentially this space is rarely used and since I did not want to redecorate again when we decide to move I’ve decided to “Stage to Live”. I took all of my staging principles and applied them to this room so when it comes time to sell I’m A-OK! I’m sure with time my own storage items will creep its way into this space so it’s a good thing I’m a professional stager!

The room was decorated by the previous home owners (now you can really see why this house was on the market for 6 months!!) The wall paper, older décor & really scary dolls everywhere (probably only an issue to myself because of watching the movie CHUCKY!) anyways my first task at hand was to remove the wallpaper and lucky me there was layers and layers and layers of it going on and on! Which took about 2-3 weeks for us to just remove then we had 1 more week to fix the holes in the wall that we made by using putty applicators as scrapers. Thanks to my best friend Mela & my mother the majority of this annoying job was done by them! (THANK YOU!!! Now you may stay for free, you’ve earned your keep!)

Once the wallpaper was down and the wall fixed from our hole making I decided to paint the majority of this room a “Antique Linen” colour and the back wall by the window a “Seal Gray” my accent colour is the bright red in the fitted bed sheets as well as art & accessories you can not see in this picture.

Considering this space took a good portion of 2 months for me to finish (business comes first!) I am very excited and happy that it is completed.

Stay tuned for more “Purple House Transformation” we still have the Kitchen & eating nook, Sititng Room, Office, Master bedroom, to show you!

Kristy Morrison

Property Stylist & CEO

 -RESA Rookie of the year finalist (2009 & 2010) for all of North America

-BBB Torch Award Winner for Marketplace Ethics.

We are on: Facebook, Twitter, Linked-In, Active Rain, Blogger, YouTube.

Posted via email from Kristy's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment