Company Banner

Company Banner

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Making old into NEW

The funny thing is when I purchased my 2nd home it came with this bench, a fish tank full of fish and some random things in the garage. Originally I was going to throw this unit out because I thought it was ugly and served no purpose in my home. Then as I was sitting in my living room I wished that I had a bigger couch or at least some more seating space. And it hit me! I could transform this unit I was going to throw out to a nice seating area for occasional guests.

First I removed the cute "lion head holding a ring in it's mouth knobs" then I washed the unit with TSP which helps get dirt and grease off easily. Then I lightly sanded the whole unit scuffing it up so the primer would adhere. Next I took a "high stick" wood primer and primed the whole unit. I let it sit for 24hrs to try properly then I continued with painting the whole unit a high gloss white wood paint. This time I let it dry for 48hrs just to make sure I wouldn't scratch it.

Add a plush top for seating and accent pillows and your done! This project was very easy and fun to do. If you have any item with in your home consider using it in a different way. Even an older dresser unit with a fresh coat of paint, new hardware and a little bit of handyman work you can transform it into a beautiful bathroom vanity!!

If you have an item that you are not sure what to do with give us a call and we'll be able to provide you with suggestions.

-Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment