Company Banner

Company Banner

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Flashback to Suzanne Somers

Flashback to April 4th 2009.

This was the most nervous and exciting day in CHS&D history. We were staging the media room for Neutrichem's Event with special guest Suzanne Somers. Yes THE Suzanne Somers, She was staying in a local hotel but 1 hr prior and 2 hrs post her talk about her new book "8 Steps to Wellness" she would be relaxing and lounging in this media room.
(1 month prior to event)
When I first walked into this room I was stunned. Hot flamingo pink with pail pink sponged over it for the walls with a bright pink carpet with black accents......."Can we paint" I asked the event planner at the time......she already asked the owners of the location and they said no AND I wasn't allowed to tape, tack or hang anything on the walls anywhere. So, I have to stage around this vibrant colour as well as make it feel warm, inviting, relaxing and comfortable. Ok, so I had thousand of ideas spinning though my head spitting one out after another. The event planner loved the ideas and gave me full reign of the room's lay out and furniture selection, she was very happy with my idea's and knew I was fully capable of making this room the perfect location.

I jetted off to my furniture place and started to pull together my ideas for what we need. This was quite a large room so I decided to make 2 separate seating areas (one for Suzanne & her posse and the other for guests). Furniture selected, room layout planned, accessories selected, flowers done.....were ready to go!

(The Day of the Event.....April 4'09)
Today is the day! WOW it's finally here!......
.....Where are my furniture delivery guys? it's 9:00 and no sign of them........9:30, 10, 10:30, 10:45 the show up 1 hr 45 min late.....Suzanne is arriving at 11:30 do i have time?? the event planner is getting nervous, and I tell her we have plenty of time, I know my lay out it's just a matter of getting these items up the stairs and into the room which is true but I like to plan for the worst & hope for the best.

We had luck on our side, everything made it upstairs and Natasha & I got to work moving the couches, chairs, tables all around the room in the plan that I prepared. It took us 20 min to arrange the furniture and then another 10-20 to set out the flowers & accessories. DONE!

Phew! The event participants trailed up to see the room one by one.....they LOVED it! yeah! now the real test is coming up faster and faster every minute.....will Suzanne like it??
...........She's HERE! Suzanne arrived and walked in the front door absolutely stunning and I'm in LOVE with her rain jacket she is wearing...I wondered if she brought that from California or was out shopping here in Ottawa, it's probably from California...oh well. She goes up stairs and disappears into the room.
.......................................................................EVENT SPEAKER..................................................................
Suzanne did her talk for a couple of hours it was very inspiring and educational, everything she said made total sense! the use of pesticides and chemicals are on the rise and so is cancer, she feels it's related and I think that is a great hypotheses! I ended up buying her book "8 Steps to Wellness" which I am currently working my way though, the book is much funner than I anticipated!........The even speech ended and the 10 Majic 100 winners got to go upstairs and meet 1 on 1 with Suzanne. This is very exciting! The event coordinator pulled Natasha & I aside and told us not to stray too far we were next......next to meet Suzanne. I was so excited and nervous it's dooms day in a way I find out what Suzanne thought of my room, my staging / decorating of this room. A million possibilities filled my head, I liked the room, others like the room but would her California nature make her likes completely different from ours here in Ottawa?? "Time to go up now" I hear, WOW......Natasha and I head up stairs it seemed like I was climbing the empire state building the stairs kept growing and growing....we got to the door and it opened. THERE she was! wow she's tiny I thought she was so fun and vibrant and was absolutely stunning (hardly looked 62) we were introduced "Here are the Stagers to Staged your room"........Suzanne replied "Oh! you did all of this for me!? it's absolutely beautiful and I'm so comfortable here!" WOW...........she loved my room! I am so excited! she signed my book "Many Thanks -Suzanne Somers" and then we finished with some photo's of us together.
That was exhilarating! Suzanne loved our room, we were proud of it and now the long day was over PHEW! Here are the before and after shot of the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment