Company Banner

Company Banner

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Great finds at unknown stores

You never know where your going to find your next favorite vase, pillow, art, or even a candle. I recently took a trip to Brantford Ont to visit my extended family members. Who knew I would find this cute little store on the out skirts of Brantford Ontario called "Urban Cottage". My husband pulled over and mentioned that he stopped in last year and instantly knew I would fall in love with the store!...........I was a little apprehensive at first since this little store was in an even littler even town that I'm sure didn't care about interior decorating as much as I did.

Boy was I wrong! It had everything in there slightly packed and yet in a way that it displays everything effectively. I had major sensory over load I just wanted to buy everything in my path and take it all home in my little VW Passat.....but I couldn't so I determined 3 items I really liked that was simple enough alone or can be used together. What did I choose? ..............


1) Large Gray vase for $20.
This vase was a great find considering all other vases in this store same size different colours started at $40. I though this was discounted but it wasn't just because it was Gray....I LOVE GRAY this allows me to add colourful pieces to this vase to spice it up to suit any home.

2)Small Silver vase $14.95
I fell in love with this shiny piece, I envision it sitting on top of a desk in an office holding a few pencils making it attractive, clean lined, simple and organized.

3)Bag of potpourri decor $18.98
This bag drew my attention I kept picturing it in a large glass unit to show off the beautiful blue colour. This is very spring / summery feel which appealed to me instantly. The colour is quite attractive to all which helps in the staging industry.


Nothing too crazy but it just shows you that you never know what you'll find until you walk into that store you drove past or heard about. I could have easily spent $2000.00 here so it just shows you that you must first determine your needs then determine a budget.

Happy Shopping! Let us know your cool finds while away or even locally that you just found
-Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment